And I think I have a pretty good excuse. For the last four weeks I have been feeling a bit sick, like I was going to throw up actually. So, yes, that means what you think it means but it's not good news. I was pregnant. Yes, was.
I wasn't as sick as usual and I didn't have some of the other classic symptoms. I went in for my first doctor visit yesterday and it obviously didn't go well. He tried to do an ultrasound on the little machine he has in his office but since my uterus is so tilted he said couldn't get a good view. He didn't even want to do an internal exam so I think he got a good enough view and knew what was going on.
He sent me to get an ultrasound on the big high-tech machine. When I was looking at the screen I saw the little blob but there was no movement. I ask the technician if there was a heartbeat and she said no. The baby only measured 7 weeks, 1 day and I was 8 weeks, 5 days. So, I am sad.
Unfortunately, miscarriage is very common, 1 in 6 pregnancies. My problem is now I have to wait to miscarry. I still feel sick everyday so I just want it to happen quickly so my hormones can get back to normal. I can get a d and c but my doctor only does those on Tuesdays so I have to wait and feel sick and sad. My doctor said that most miscarriages happen because the baby has major genetic issues. With my age and my risk factor for autism I think I may be done. But don't quote me on that!
I will probably be MIA for a little bit longer but I will be back, maybe next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Michelle,
So sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had one between Sammy and Andrew and was 12 weeks along. We had heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks and it was a very very hard thing to go through. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Don't think it's in any way your fault, your age or anything because it just isn't. I can't believe how many people I know that have had miscarriages. I guess you just never realize how common it is until you've gone through it. I know it doesn't make it any easier but at least you know it is in no way your fault.
Hang in there!
Love,
Steph
Michelle,
I am sorry. I've been through the exact same thing as well. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. We are living at my parents so I'm close if you need anything. If I can be of any help seriously don't hesitate to ask.
Love ya,
Heather
Post a Comment