Friday, October 23, 2009

Haircut adventure

I took the kids to get haircuts. I had been dreading it because it usually isn't too much fun for me - John is all over the place and everyone wants to go first. Kate had been acting funny all day, asking me to hold her all the time. I figured she was tired. When we got to the place Kate asked me to hold her again. I was holding her and standing next to John when all of the sudden, she started throwing up!! She heaved six or seven times. I was trying to catch it in my hand but my hand is a lot smaller than all the stuff that was coming up. Every time she would heave I would tell the hairstylist I was sorry. I didn't know what to do. Throw up was everywhere - all over Kate, all over me, in my sandals, all over the floor and some even got on John. I took Kate to the bathroom, took her clothes off and wrapped her in a blanket. I tried, unsuccessfully, to wipe the throw up off my clothes but it just smeared, I stunk so bad. I didn't even try to clean my shoes. The baby was getting fussy but I didn't want to expose her to the throw up so a nice customer took care of her while I was helping Kate. I felt bad for the receptionist because she had to clean up the floor. She was holding her nose and trying not to gag as she was cleaning it. I felt so bad!! Let's just say the hair stylists received a big tip from me and I tried to tip the receptionist but she wouldn't let me. I called the Dad and he was able to come help me get everyone home. What a nightmare!!

Kate continued to throw up after we got home so she was taking bath after bath to clean her up. She was so tired and apparently the bath was very comfortable because this is what happened one of the times when she was in the bathtub:

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Man, that sucks!!! I hope she gets feeling better soon and that the rest of you all stay healthy! Good luck!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.