Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes I'm really bright, sometimes not so much

I consider myself to be a bright person, you know, common sense, I can figure things out, etc. Not to brag but that's just what I think. So, most of the time I'm pretty bright, but sometimes I can be, well, not so bright.

Case in point: I have a website that tracks the traffic on my blog. I can see the location of my readers, the amount of time they are on my blog, what they are looking at, who referred them, etc. About a month ago I started noticing an IP address looking at my blog quite a bit. There was never a location listed with this particular person and the places they were referred from seemed to be places only I could access. I started to freak out and I changed my password. Then things got worse!! I would check out the pages they were looking at on my blog and for several days in a row they kept looking at the same page over and over. And, they were spending significant amounts of time on my blog. So, I took a few pictures of my kids off my blog. I started thinking maybe I should go private. Was the safety of my kids in jeopardy? Did I have a stalker? I was worried.

Here is where the "sometimes not so bright" comes in. I figured out who my stalker was. It was me. I changed my Internet provider and in doing so, my IP address changed so the tracking website was no longer ignoring my visit to my blog. Um, not so bright!

1 comment:

Heather said...

haha too funny sounds like something I would do.