Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time

What does 11:16 mean to me? On early school days, it means that the bus just came at 11:13 and John just left for school. It means I'm getting ready to relax for a few hours before he gets off the bus.

What did 11:16 mean to me today? Today at 11:16 I was waking up from a 30 minute turned 1 hour nap and freaking out!! It meant I was going to have to take John to school. It meant no time for easy transitions. It meant trouble.

Fortunately, the bus didn't show up until 11:21. Whew!!! Was I lucky.



Now, what does 9:55 mean to me on the day before Thanksgiving? It means I should be making pies for tomorrow. It means I should just be putting the pies in the oven.

What does it mean to me today? It means I found that I put the pie crusts in the freezer instead of the refrigerator. It means I will be up very late making pies, waking up really early to make pies or just going to the store to buy them. I vote #3.

No comments: