There are several things that I really don't like to do when it comes to housework. Some of them aren't even the housework part of it but the final step in being done with the chore.
I don't mind vacuuming, in fact, it really doesn't bother me at all. The part that really gets to me is putting away the vacuum. I really dislike wrapping the cord around the post thingies on the vacuum. My vacuum will sit around for hours after I vacuum. Sometimes The Dad will come home from work and put the vacuum away. Pathetic, I know.
I like a clean kitchen floor and I like to clean it on my hands and knees. The part that bugs is emptying the bucket of dirty water and wringing out the dirty rag. I do realized that I have been using that rag and wringing it out while cleaning the floor but wringing it out after, yuck! Like the vacuum, sometimes the bucket of water will stick around until I get the 'courage' to take care of it.
I don't have a problem with laundry and folding the clothes but I don't like to lay the shirts flat. The Dad taught me this. If you lay your warm shirts flat right out of the dryer you don't need to iron them. Logical, but I had never thought of it before we got married. Sometimes I will run the wrinkle release several times thinking I WILL DO IT when the dryer is done (yea, I know, a waste of electricity to run it several times).
I hate vacuuming the stairs. If you ever come to my house, please don't look at them because they are a bit dusty in the corners.
I despise cleaning mirrors!! I can't ever get them streak-free and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I will think they look great and then look at them a few hours later, when the sun is shining on them and notice they are completely streaked! I was told that window cleaners have wax in them so you can use hydrogen peroxide and you get a streak-free shine. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to.
I thought I hated washing windows but I did several over the weekend and it's really not so bad. I was checking out my work and thought I saw some really bad streaks. Don't worry, it was just a reflection that I hadn't seen for a VERY LONG TIME because they were so dirty.
That's my list. What's yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment