Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am so tired and this time I'm really done

Last night was miserable! I went to bed quite. John had been crying on and off for a while before I went to bed. You see, he hasn't had a bm for 3 or 4 days and I think he is in a lot of pain. What would you think? I think he was having cramping pains and fighting them. It's really quite ridiculous! Anyway, at 1:00, Scott came into my bedroom with his pillow. He said he couldn't sleep with John crying. I didn't even hear the crying because I was so fast asleep. Scott crawled into my bed and I got up to check on John. He cried for about 30 minutes so I decide to take care of the problem and I went to the store and got him an enema. He is so paranoid about having a bm that he held that fluid in for a VERY long time. And don't worry, it didn't produce a bm.

I decided to sleep in Scott's bed because I don't sleep well with him in my bed. At 2:30 Scott came back into his bedroom saying that he had a bad dream and needed me to sleep with him. I guess sleeping with The Dad just wasn't good enough. I went back to my bed and Scott proceeded to tell me about his dream. His friend told him about Pirates of the Caribbean and he was afraid of the bad guy. Thanks friend! He also told me the reason he had the bad dream is because he was in my bedroom and his dreamcatcher didn't "catch" the dream because it was in his bedroom. Needless to say, I fell asleep around 3:00 and the alarm went off at 7:00.

This morning I expected John to have a pooey diaper, but no, he didn't. Potty training has turned into such a nightmare. When I told his teacher a month ago that I was done she told me not to quit but school's almost out so I'm going to. John is so stubborn and knows that going to the bathroom is something he can kind of control. His teachers even have a hard time getting him to pee at school. So, I'm going to quit. Potty training is such a negative thing. I was told not to get mad when he has an accident but I always get mad. Maybe if I give him a 2 month break and try again things will be better. For now, I'm hoping he has a bm today and I hope he has it at school so I don't have to clean it up.

On a final note: I'm very tired and I'm so grateful for 2 hour naps!! Too bad I probably won't get one. And yes, I had to drive John to school again this morning. That's every day this week. The carpool just isn't working!

No comments: