Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vacation Random-ness

So, we are back from vacation and sick as ever. I started getting sick on Monday but because The Dad worked EVERY DAY while we were on our VACATION, I did NOT get a break. In fact if he had to work at a particular time I had to drag the kids out of the room and go to the activity center to find something for them to do. Scott did several crafts and probably thought this was one of the funnest vacations ever, but for me, it was lousy. I didn't get to rest (remember I love to rest) and came home more stressed than when we left. (Don't worry, The Dad knows exactly how I feel. I told him he can work 24/7 for weeks up until our vacation, which he practically did, but when the vacation hits, that's where I draw the line. NO MORE WORK!) Yea, and I know I'm a whiner. Enough said!

We did go swimming everyday while we were gone and that was fun. I kept telling John to walk when he would go to the different pools but he wouldn't. Finally, on Wednesday I told him to walk SLOWLY. It was the funniest thing. He would do giant slow steps as he was walking from pool to pool. Kind of like the steps you would do in "Mother, May I?" At least he was walking and not running!

As I said before, Scott did tons of crafts. He made a design out of fuse beads, made a necklace, painted ceramic animals and made a dream catcher. He has bad dreams and thought the dream catcher might help. The night after he made it I had quite a dream and woke up standing beside the bed folding my pants. I don't quite know how I got there but I am scared!! I saw an Oprah Show where people were sleep eating. They would consume 2000 calories in their sleep. That would really shoot my weight loss goal.

All in all, the vacation wasn't that great for me, but hey, there will be other vacations trips get-aways, right?

Another random-ness not associated with the vacation. John is a nail biter which is a good thing because he freaks out when I try to cut his fingernails. Today he was playing on the computer and I glanced over to see what he was playing. He wasn't playing he was chewing on his TOENAIL. GROSS!!! Don't worry, I ran over and clipped them for him and he actually let me.

No comments: