Friday, April 4, 2008

Another similar post

I did a word cloud for my blog to see what words I use most frequently in my blog. It wasn't such a surprise to see that "poo" and "pee" were right up. I have tried to steer clear of elimination posts for the last few weeks and I have been contemplating all day whether or not to post my experience in the last 24 hours. As you may have guessed by now, I decided to post. Here it goes:

I got a call from John's school towards the end of the day yesterday saying that he had thrown up and did I want to pick him up or should they send him home on the bus. His school is 30 minutes away and I wouldn't make it by the time school was over so I opted for the bus ride. Apparently, there is a rule with the bus - no sick kids. So after school was over they called again telling me I had to pick him up. I scrambled and made it there 45 minutes after school was over and he seemed fine. They did say that he had cried several times in the last 2 days for no reason that they could find.

We decided to get a haircut for Scott so we stopped at Cookie Cutters. John wears underwear to school but I didn't want to take a chance so I put a pull-up on him while we were there because he wouldn't go to the bathroom.

After the haircut we went to my husband's work. He has been working a ton lately and hadn't seen the boys since Sunday morning. We decided to go out to eat, which was a risky move, but before we could leave, I noticed a pretty bad smell. I checked it out and sure enough, John had pooed. I only had one pull-up so I put his underwear back on.

At the restaurant he started looking quite pale and I thought he might throw up. After several minutes I decided it was time to go to the bathroom just in case. He stopped just as we got in the bathroom and I knew he was starting to go. We got in the stall and I pulled his pants down and he was going. He pooed and peed but wasn't situated right and ended up peeing all over his underwear, pants, socks and shoes. Luckily I had his backpack and it had a pair of pants and underwear in it - or so I thought.

The backpack only had a pair of pants in it and I didn't have another pull-up and I knew he wouldn't go commando but I did have a diaper for Kate. A size 3 diaper for a size 6 diaper boy. It was all I had so I put it on. He had crack showing like you wouldn't believe but it worked.

We made it through dinner and headed home. When we got home John laid on the couch and wasn't looking too good. He started grunting and I hoped the size 3 diaper would hold up. He produced a large quantity and the diaper came through. I started putting 2 and 2 together. He didn't eat breakfast for two days, cried at school for two days, had 3 bms (2 quite significant) in less than 4 hours, he probably had horrible cramping!!

We all went to bed and at midnight Scott came out of his room saying "Mommy, Mommy!!" I thought for sure John had thrown up but Scott just needed to go to the bathroom and sometimes gets disoriented. He couldn't figure out where the bathroom was. He took care of business and I went in his bedroom to tuck him in. The smell that permeated the room was nauseating!!! I wanted to check John just to make sure he wasn't running a fever. I felt his pj's and they were soaked, but don't worry he didn't have a fever and it wasn't sweat. His diaper was also full. I wanted to wake him up and change his sheets, give him a bath and take care of the diaper but I opted against it. He's such a good sleeper.

This morning when I changed his diaper, I was pretty disgusted. I'm surprised the size 6 diaper held it all in. I was almost gaging as I was changing him. His room was so stinky. I changed his sheets, opened the window and sprayed Lysol but when Scott got home from school he still made a comment about the house being smelly. I washed his sheets and they still were stinky too. I had to wash them several times.

He had 2 more bms today and terrible gas. I checked his pull up just as he was letting one rip and got a nose-full and checked another time and got a finger-full of poo. Fun huh? I wish he could understanding that pooing is natural and nothing to be scared of.

So, a recap:

6 bms in all in the last 18 hours!! No wonder he threw up! He was holding his poo for 2 days, probably had horrible cramping and some type of virus on top of that. I don't think he is done yet but it's not as bad as when it first started. I just want him to get it all out!!!

No comments: