I hate bugs. Scott loves bugs.
Scott got a bug catching kit and really wanted to catch a bug. His opportunity came up on Saturday. He found a box elder bug and named him Edward. He put grass and water in the container for Edward. Today the Edward wasn't looking so good. Scott thinks he's lonely and needs a friend but box elder bugs are hard to find this time of year.
Scott is obsessed with Edward and checks on him all the time. Sometimes he even shakes the container, really hard, to make sure he is still alive. Scott had me look on the Internet to see what kind of food box elder bugs eat (they eat the juices and leaves of the box elder tree and we don't have one). I told Scott that we don't have the right kind of food for Edward and he may die. However, I assured him we would find another bug if that happened.
If I would have known what a big hit a bug would be I would have gotten bugs instead of pets. That way I would have only been committed for a week at a time instead of 15 to 20 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment